SYSVOL And Netlogon
Ajai Gupta | Wed, 04 Dec 2019 at 23:46 hours | Replies : 1 | Points : 50
Category : Active Directory
SYSVOL and Netlogon shares are not shared on a domain controller or getting offline due to some any reasons.
What is impact on user and environment ?
If sysvol is not present then Group policy will not apply and user may not able to login.
if Netlogon is no present then Login Script will not able to run. Ideally there is no impact to user then login script.
To work around this issue, set the SysvolReady Flag registry value to "0" and then back to "1" in the registry. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
- Locate the following subkey in Registry Editor:
- In the details pane, right-click the SysvolReady flag, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type 0, and then click OK.
- Again in the details pane, right-click the SysvolReady flag, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
Note This will cause Netlogon to share out SYSVOL, and the scripts folder will be present
Hope it will help you.