Start Menu Not Working
Ajai Gupta | Tue, 23 Feb 2021 at 13:51 hours | Replies : 0 | Points : 100
Category : Windows Server 2016
Start menu is not working
Machine : WS2016 (Virtual)
We have performed the below steps but still issue is there.
- Tried to run SFC /Scan now completed with no error
- System File Checker : chkdsk C: /f
- Created new Local admin account and check still is existed
- Killed the windows Explorer.exe service and ran it again but issue persist
- Took the registry backup and tried to make the few registry changes related to WPNServices which was reverted when issue persist.
- Renamed UsrClass.dat from the user profile issue not resolved.
- Uninstalled Recently installed updates:
MS21-JAN: Security update for Secure Boot DBX - Windows Server 2016 - KB4535680 (x64)
MS21-JAN: Cumulative Update for Windows Server 2016 - Windows Server 2016 - KB4598243 (x64)
- Tried to repair corrupt or missing Windows system files with SFC / Scan now in Advanced troubleshooting mode with no luck.
- Tried to Make changes in Group Policy but issue persist. So, Reverted the changes.
- We checked server in safe mode that start menu click is working.
- Non MS component services enabled disabled and server restarted but issue not resolved
- Uninstalled Antivirus
- Remove machine from domain but no luck.
Kindly suggest what action need to perform from our end so that we can fix this issue.